Sodium metabisulfite is white or slightly yellow crystalline powder with reducing properties, it is used for treatment of shrimp with its featured reducing function. Tianya Chemical is a China manufacturer of sodium metabisulfite, we have been exporting sodium metabisulfite to many shrimp treament companies in the world, especially famous shrimp production countries such as Ecuador, Peru, etc.. During the processing of shrimp, sodium metabisulfite mainly plays the following roles:
1. Antioxidant: Sodium metabisulfite can react with oxygen, slow down the oxidation reaction of shrimp during storage, and extend its shelf life.
2. Corrosion prevention: Sodium metabisulfite can inhibit the growth and reproduction of microorganisms, thereby playing a role in corrosion prevention.
3. Bleaching: Sodium metabisulfite can remove the pigment on the surface of shrimp, making it look whiter and cleaner.
The use of sodium metabisulfite in the treatment of shrimp is as follows:
1. Clean the shrimp thoroughly to remove impurities and pollutants.
2. Mix sodium metabisulfite with water in the prescribed amount to make a solution.
3. Soak the shrimp in a solution of sodium metabisulfite for a specific time depending on the situation.
After soaking, remove the shrimp and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Attention: When using sodium metabisulfite, it is necessary to follow the prescribed dosage and usage time to avoid harm to the human body.